Thursday, February 2, 2017

Burning books and an extremely long trip to Freiberg (week 53)




Book burning

Tempel





Tschüssie

Snow in Hamburg (ft raincoat from DI)

Pday at Vapiano's

Tschüssie

It's been another week here in Altona. And a pretty slow (and verrückt) one at that.

We started with a Tausch with the Elmshorn sisters. I was in Altona with sister Jarrett-Clark and it was awesome. She's really cool and it was fun to work with her. We went to the international School and she LOVED it. I mean, who wouldn't love just talking to 4 years olds?  Haha. Tuesday evening, we tausched back and then had a mission-wide apartment cleaning evening. We had an dinner appointment with the Lopez's and helped their daughter, Rachel, with personal progress, in the middle of the cleaning hours, so I ended up cleaning until I went to bed. It felt really good to have a deep-cleaned apartment. My bathroom cleaning skills are prima.

Wednesday, we had a general missionary Broadcast and it was awesome.  Our district met and made crepes before, and then we watched it like General Conference. Pretty cool. It talked a lot about how important repentance is for us and the people we teach. They also changed the daily schedule that we follow a bit.. now we have two extra hours of pday in the morning. Sister Harger and I celebrated that today by doing absolutely nothing.. :)

Afterward the broadcast, the Stade Sisters overnighted and we burned a book.. (just a stupid philosophy book that makes no sense, was probably written by Satan, and we had it in our apartment for some reason.) It was definitely written by Satan.

Thursday, we were supposed to have a lesson with Eunice before we left.. she was very late, so it ended up being about 10 minutes of setting up family search and then we had to peace out. We went to Freiberg and had our mission leadership council there the next morning. We got to go to the temple! It was so amazing. I love the temple. Everything worked out and it was so good to be there and feel the spirit. Freiberg is one of my favorite places on earth because of the temple. MLC was good because we discussed the Missionary Broadcast and how to apply it to our mission. We talked about a lot of other good things. It was weird having it right before transfers.

Anyways, after that, the week basically went downhill. Our Gemeinde had a temple trip planned, and Eunice was going to come to Freiberg on Saturday with the Lopez's. We thought, "cool, we'll be in Freiberg on  Friday, why don't we just stay and do baptisms with Eunice on Saturday?" So we did. Friday night, Eunice texted us and cancelled.. So we were basically stranded in Freiberg for 24 hours before our train left. It was the LONGEST day of my life.. not to mention we were waiting for our transfer calls. There's 24 hours I'm never going to get back. Oh well. We did do weekly planning and hopefully the apartment there is a little bit cleaner now. Good riddance.

Sunday was pretty chill. I played the organ in Sacrament Meeting (but I didn't play it like an organ.. I'm definitely not that talented, I just played it like a glorified piano). I was so focused on playing Vorspiel and picking the songs that I forgot to tell them I was leaving Altona.. oops. So Elder Wilkinson got called up to bear his testimony but not me. I told Bruder Giesen after Sacrament Meeting. I was sad but luckily, everyone was combined for third hour so he announced it then. I LOVE ALTONA. There were lots of goodbyes. I felt like I was leaving my home ward again. I love this place and these people. Who knows, I could come back again ("all good things come in threes" -germans), but I'm pretty sure this time is for good.

Oh yeah! I'm getting transferred this week! I'm going to Berlin, Marzahn! I will be STL with Sister Wilson, who goes home in 3 months. I'm sad to leave but excited for a change. #goingtotheeast I feel a little jipped that I only got 7 weeks with Sister Harger. I love her!

Sacrament meeting's topic this week was repentance, and it was so good. One of the brothers talked about why repentance is important to him, and his simple testimony was so powerful. Christ changes us when we repent. It is so beautiful. We can truly be born again. When we turn our lives over to Him, He can magnify the good in us and bring it out. It is through repentance and obedience that we become what He wants us to be. In our Sunday school lesson also about the Savior, we talked about how Christ is the perfect servant leader. He has done literally everything He can for us, and He leaves the decision making
up to us. We have the choice to follow Him. I am happier because I choose to follow the Savior, even when we have weird weeks like this one.

I'm thankful for you. I'm thankful for the incredible people I've met here. I'm excited for Marzahn.

Liebe Grüße
Sister Simpson

Hymn 293
Tausching

Crepes (check out my super chubby cheeks)

Stade


Snow in Freiberg

After traveling for 8 hours at 10 pm #waitingforourbus

No comments:

Post a Comment