Monday, February 6, 2017

Frische Luft in Ost Deutschland (Week 54)

Downtown Berlin

Sister Wilson at Mexico embassy

Foggy finding (can you feel the cold?)

Foggy Finding
At the Mexico Embassy

Well, this week was probably the craziest week ever.

Monday, we had an appointment with my dear friend, sister König. She's the best, and I'm really going to miss her. She made us Haitian food again! She's incredible. Tuesday, we had three appointments, which is a lot. The first one was with Peggi. Because she hadn't read, we talked about the Book of Mormon, why it is important to have faith and act on our faith, and how Book of Mormon can be a guide for us. We gain strength from reading the scriptures. We also said goodbye, she told me not to wear my name tag because "it's not safe". Im not She gave me a cute little angel necklace to protect me, lol. Next we had Frau Byo. We were a little worried because she's been acting a little weird and it has been a few weeks since we've met. Turns out, she doesn't hate us, she just is really struggling. She just cried and talked to us for an hour, and we just told her how much God loves her. It's very humbling to be here and feel this incredible love that God has for each of us. Anyways, after these two good but kind of depressing appointments, we went by on my black family, the Blanksons. It was a fantastic end to a somber day. They let us in and we got to visit with them. She gave me this super sick Dashiki tunic thing. So nice of them. Tears were shed. I love the people here, I miss them!

Wednesday was mostly moving and being tired.. lol, I procrastinated packing until Tuesday night. Bad idea. It snowed in Marzahn so we had to get my suitcases through it. Murgle.

So my new companion is Sister Wilson. She goes home the transfer after this one and I love her. She's hilarious. Also, she has amazing german. I'm doing a 24/7 deutsch transfer, which mostly just means I don't have too much to say a lot of the time. Haha. My area is on the outskirts of east Berlin. It's pretty different from the West. Zum Beispiel: everyone here speaks Russian as a second language rather than English. The ward is bigger than Altona, and technically has around 500 members, but only 80-90 come to church. We have lots of work to do. Also, Leslie and Mark, a family I taught in my first 3 transfers in Altona, moved here in October, so that's cool! I get to see them again. This ward is awesome and I am excited to be here. It's freezing and I haven't seen the sun since I came here, but life is immer noch prima. I'm so thankful to be here!

I know that this work is the Lord's work and glory. I love being a missionary. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the truth. God is there. He hears and answers our prayers.

Have a great week! Love you all!

Alles liebe,
Sister Simpson

P.s. Today we went to the Berliner Dome and Brandenburger Tür. Pretty cool stuff. There's so much history here!



Berliner dome

Berliner dome

Berliner dome

No comments:

Post a Comment