Monday, January 23, 2017

One Year (Week 52)




Good times waiting for a bus

Langenhorn Friends

Well, I am super annoyed because I juste finished writing my group email, and then it deleted itself. Murgle.

Crazy that I haven't seen you for an entire year! I miss you! I've started rereading my journal entries.. so funny.

This week was good. We had two Austausches, one in Berlin. It was SO COLD. Sister Sommerfeld and I did a lot of finding. We did go by on some less active members. One lady lived in this hospital in the middle of nowhere. We went in and she told us about how she's been fighting severe depression. Looking around her cold dinky hospital room, in the middle of nowhere Berlin where the sun never shines (or so it seems), I could kind of understand. We didn't really know what we could say, so sister S suggested singing a song. She suggested "I am a Child of God" at the same time I had the district thought to sing
"Nearer, My God to Thee". Before I could say anything, she changed her mind to "Nearer, My God to Thee." We both aren't very good singers, but with the Spirit, it always sounds better. I know we're just 20 year olds in skirts and name tags, but I believe in the power of the Jesus Christ to lighten out lives and our loads, and I know that we have heavenly help in bringing this message to people.

Well, I didn't meet with any of our people in Altona because we had a double Zone training meeting, a Tausch in Berlin, and then I was in Langenhorn for Tausch. But they're all doing well. On the 20th (ONE YEAR!!), Sister Bolinger and I went kegeling with their ward for their ward activity (basically bowling without holes, I don't know if it exists in America). Not surprisingly, I am not the best, but it was a lot of fun. The next day, we had a skype class because sister Bolinger is learning Arabic, like a champ. We went finding and also met with one of their investigators.

Saturday, our ZL and DL wanted to meet with us because they thought we had companionship unity problems or something. We thought it was funny because we really get along. We're practically related. Sister Harger is my aunt's-husband's-friend's daughter, so we're basically sisters.
#sistermissionaries

I was reading in Matthew this week. I've always wondered about what Christ meant when He said, "consider the lilies". Here are my thoughts: He is the creator of the world, and He knows every aspect of that lily. He sees the beauty in the world. AND He knows us and every aspect of us. He loves us, and we are worth saving. He has considered us, more than anyone else ever will, just as He knows a lily better than anyone else. Because of Him, we can reach our divine potential, which is more than we can even imagine.

Ich bin einfach dankbar, dass ich hier dienen darf. I am thankful to serve where the Lord wants and how He wants. The gospel of Jesus Christ is incredible, and living it brings a joy like no other.

Love you all!
Sister Simpson
Train ride to Berlin

Double ZTM

Idahomies

No comments:

Post a Comment