Monday, February 13, 2017

Cleaning Profi (Week 55)

Tausch with Sr. Sommerfeld

Spandau Austausch (basically the best day ever because
appointments and THE SUN!)


Spandau Austausch (basically the best day ever because
appointments and THE SUN!)

Spandau Austausch (basically the best day ever because
appointments and THE SUN!)

Another week has come and gone-

So cool story- about a month ago, I wrote about going by on a less-active woman in a hospital in Spandau with Sister Sommerfeld while we were on Tausch. We sang "Nearer, my God, to thee". Well, they've met with her every week since and when I was there again on Tausch this week, Sister Sommerfeld and I had an appointment with this sister. She was dressed and sitting on a chair, waiting for us (we had missed our bus and were running late). The change was amazing! Everything about her was just lighter. She's read 80 pages of the Book of Mormon and loves it. She told us she was so excited for us to come. We read together, sang some hymns. We bore testimony of our Heavenly Father who loves us and blesses us when we do what's right. She told us that she really hopes that He does and that she hopes He will open her heart to more joy. She was so precious. It's moments like this that remind me why I am so blessed to be here.

We were pretty busy for the rest of our Tausch. Sister Sommerfeld and I walked all over Spandau, from appointment to appointment. She's an awesome missionary and I love learning from her. We taught a 13 year old about tithing using a rittersport bar. She's so cute! She's basically come to church every week for a few years but her mom wouldn't let her get baptized until she turned 14, which is this month! I'm excited for her!

In Marzahn this week, we had a Termin with a less active sister named Jenny. She has lots of pets and likes animals better than people. :) She has lots of questions and likes to debate things; she really doesn't understand the plan of salvation or who God is, but she believes in Him so that's a start. We went by another day this week and helped her clean her apartment (gross, cat hair!). I am basically a service cleaning Profi, I've done it a lot auf Mission. Nothing like service to help you develop some Nächstenliebe.  Friday was district meeting/interviews with president Fingerle, which means waiting around for your interview all day. But it was good. I talked to President and I start learning Farsi (aka Persian).. so that's crazy. We'll see what all that means next week. I taught myself numbers from the Book of Mormon.

Sunday was great! By this point, I actually know some people here and it's fantastic. I love this ward! Church was great. We didn't have any investigators come, so we were invited to go to the Young women class because there was only one YW. We had an awesome lesson on the plan of salvation. Then we had an Essen Termine with the same YW and her family. It was so fun.

The work is going. I'm thankful to be here. I'm thankful for the peace and joy that the gospel brings. I know God is there and that He loves all His children. He blesses us every day, we just have to look for those blessings.

Love you all! Have a great week!
Sister Simpson
My dear comp

Sister Fingerle and us

No comments:

Post a Comment