Monday, May 1, 2017

Another Day, Another Destiny (Week 66)

Brandenburger Tor

Sunset one night

Peggi's wall (she likes the missionaries so much that she made a
wall for them. Sister Harger sent me this picture)

Random street in Berlin

Sister Vail and I found this sick bagel shop next to our sick
burrito shop, and it was super gut

Tausching with Neukölln

Berlin's Central Park

Political protest going on by Brandenburger Tor

Brandenburger Tor

Brandenburger Tor

giant giraffe made of Legos

Quick wardrobe adjustment because it was warmer than I thought and
I had shaved, so why not. Don't worry mom, there was no one around.
Haha
Crepes ;)

Family!

So. This week was good. We discovered pretty decent salsa at our local grocery store, Penny, and we've eaten quite a bit of it. Totally healthy, right?

On Monday night, we met with the Labibs. I love them so much! We mostly just talked about the Book of Mormon. The wife has been reading as she was in Jacob, which is super awesome! The kids really like us, so that's always good.

We met with Manfred and Carola twice this week, just like we have been. Tuesday we mostly just answered some questions Carola had and tried to clarify some doctrine. We also invited them to pray about getting baptized because a lot of their questions/confusion had to do with why baptism is actually important. We came back with a Bruder Rathke on Thursday and as soon as we sat down, Manfred said, "I don't have interest anymore." I guess they've been praying about it and decided that God wants them to just have faith and that no church is completely Christ's church. So yeah, that was depressing. At least we got to talk to them. We asked them if they had read in the Book of Mormon, and they hadn't really, so we invited them to do that, and we told them that one has to read the book to know that it's true.

Other than that, we met with a couple members and less-actives. My favorite was Kira. She's been reading in the Book of Mormon and had just read most of first Nephi! We had this awesome discussion about the difference between Laman/Lemuel and Nephi and how it's important to choose to have faith and trust God. I just think Kira is fantastic and I feel a connection to her. That's been a big blessing. We also met with sweet Schwester Risse, who has an incredible story and is an incredible woman. We can't do much to help her, but hopefully it's good to visit with people. Her son, frank, is awesome. He's disabled,
but still has a testimony and on Sunday he helped the young men take care of the sacrament trays.

Sunday was pretty good. Johannes, the elders investigator who got baptized, was confirmed. The Labibs came to the last half hour of church, which made my life. Their 9 year old, Heidi, ran up and gave me a hug and I seriously thought my heart would burst. They're the best.

I was on Tausch with sister Vail from Neukölln and we went by on a less-active family. The daughter answered and did the whole "yeah, you can come back next week sometime. My mom might be "home" and didn't have a phone number to give us. I didn't think much of it, but she just called us and wants to meet and talk more about the church because she has some questions! I'm pumped.

We played soccer with the elders, a few members and a bunch of nonmembers. I suck at soccer, so it was kind of embarrassing, but it was fun. This morning, sister Haynie and I went running/exploring and found this cute little lake. We also walked around Berlin and it was pretty chill but fun. I love Berlin.

Anyways, life is so good. God's hand is in the details of our lives. He is pouring out his blessings on us every day.

Love you!
Sister Simpson

2 Nephi 9:41
Behold, the way for man is narrow, but it lieth in a straight course before him, and the keeper of the gate is the Holy One of Israel; and he employeth no servant there; and there is none other way save it be by the gate;

No comments:

Post a Comment