Monday, May 29, 2017

Third Time's a Charm (Week 70)

 
Zoko

my daughter and granddaughter

sister Johnson and Haynie

Schwester Ortlieb <3

Christihimmelfahrt

MLC
We played a lot of volleyball this week. Monday we played beach volleyball as a Zone (not at a beach, obviously, because we're in Berlin). My team was not very good, but I really enjoyed walking in lots of sand. Afterwards, Sister Fulton and I went on Tausch. It was awesome, I love her and respect her a lot. We were laughing because I have one transfer left and when we met each other, I had only been here for one transfer. We went to a single adult activity, which was bowling.. I held my own, which is saying a lot because I'm pretty bad at it. It was about as big as my bowling career will probably ever get. 

The next day, we had an appointment with a referral, which fell out, so we did some finding and then met with a less-active named Sandra. She's having a hard time with her faith right now. It was very eye-opening. It went long and we had to stop by the house before we tausched back, but it was exactly where we were supposed to be. I had actually prayed to make our train as we ran to the station, but also said that it would be okay if we didn't. We missed our train, so we were just standing there, trying to stop sweating when a girl approached us and said, "oh, you're missionaries, you can help me!" She didn't really know where she was going so we helped her, and turns out, she was visiting some members who live near us and she served a mission with Travis Dowdle.. small world. And then on the same train, we met a guy who had moved to Arizona about 10 years ago and joined the church, then removed his name a while ago. He recognized us and came over and talked to us. He told us he has an appointment with the missionaries next week and that he really likes the church. As he left, he said that he'd give it another chance. It was a very simple thing, but Heavenly Father is in charge. It was cool to be where we were supposed to.

Sister Haynie and I tried to go by on a former investigator but ended up outside of our area.. it was on the border, but I had definitely been there before on Tausch. It was an adventure. We talked to a guy from American who was working for UNICEF. I forgot to tell him that our church works with them. We invited him to play soccer with our ward on Friday night. They really like sports, which is good to invite people to. We played volleyball with the youth that night.

Thursday was Christihimmelfahrt, which is (traditionally) the day that Jesus ascended into heaven but (here) is german Father's Day, when all the men go out and get drunk and do dumb things. We're not allowed to do missionary work, so we had our district meeting, and then grilled together and played volleyball. Then Sister Haynie and I read the Book of Mormon for a few hours. It was her year mark, so we also ate ben&jerry's.

Friday was Missionary Leadership Conference, so we were at the stake center most of the day. Thankfully, we don't have too far to travel. I got to bear my testimony at the end, which I was thankful for. It's always fun to see friends too. Lots of us go home soon, so it felt oddly like graduation. Lol. After MLC, we went to the Rathke's and grilled. They had invited some other ward members and neighbors and it was great.

Saturday, we got my transfer call early. I'm going to Braunschweig and will be training a golden for my last transfer. Woot woot! They're closing the elders program in Marzahn, so Sister Haynie is going to be very busy. I'm sad to leave her and Marzahn, but it will be good. I'm pumped. We spent the rest of the day trying to figure out sister Haynie's new comp and trying to find a self-referral from online.

Sunday, the elders and I bore our testimonies in Sacrament Meeting and then Sister Haynie and I taught the investigator Sunday school. Johannes (the young man who got baptized a month ago) blessed the sacrament today. He's so awesome. After church, we ate with the Wiese's. I love them. I love this ward. There are a lot of special people here. :)

Something that I stuck out to me this week is how willing Christ is to take us in. Alma says it better, of course: 

38 Behold, I say unto you, that the good shepherd doth call you; yea, and in his own name he doth call you, which is the name of Christ; and if ye will not hearken unto the voice of the good shepherd, to the name by which ye are called, behold, ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd.
48 ... I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name.


Love y'all. (Congrats on beating the high-school dropout statistic, Jacob!) Make it a great week! 

Sister Simpson
beach volleyball

beach volleyball

elder Mika's dying pic

my MTC group at MLC

Gemiko (at the Rathke's) that's our ward mission leader with the sword. 😂

Gemiko (at the Rathke's) that's our ward mission leader with the sword. 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment