Monday, April 24, 2017

Never Doubt the Sauerkraut (Week 65)




Here we are again, another week has come and gone and another transfer has begun. Time flies when you're having fun!

This week we had two appointments with Carola and Manfred. They are awesome. Their son was at one, so we mostly answered his questions. Then we brought Bruder Rathke to the next appointment, which was awesome because Carola mostly just asked him questions and Bruder Rathke told them that we can only do so much for them and they have to find out for themselves. Unfortunately, they didn't come to church on Sunday, but we're meeting tomorrow. They are awesome. 

Wednesday we spent most of the day at Berlin Hauptbahnhof to be with and help the sisters going through. It was okay until our 3 hours of mcdonald's wifi ran out and we were sutck in the cold watching luggage, but it is fun to visit with other missionaries. After 6 cold hours, we hurried to an appointment with Martha. She's having some family problems in Cameroon, but she's awesome and has so much faith. Then, because it was cold and we were late like always, we ran to the Hansens! I love them, they are so special. We ate raclette (look it up, I don't know how to explain it.. raclette is actually just the appliance), which tasted heavenly because we had been fasting all day. We showed the children's bible video 'Who is Jesus?' and talked about how we can better come to know Him. President Nelson's talk in conference was all about how we can get to know our Savior better and something that really stuck out to me was that he said that after studying everything that Jesus Christ is, said, taught in the scriptrues, he said 'I am a new man.' Christ can change us to the degree that we allow Him to. I've been trying to apply that to my scripture study. 

We also met with Jenny, a less-active in our ward. I probably mentioned her a while ago, she's the one who likes animals more than people and is pretty argumentative. We went back this week and tried to share the easter video (even though easter is schon vorbei). We made it about halfway through the video before she had questions and never actually finished it, but I was really praying to be able to help her understand (and also to not get worked up;). We listened to her, shared our testimonies and it was so cool. Heavenly Father blessed me as I listened and tried to understand her to be filled with this love for her. We told her to write down all her questions and that we would work through them as long as she reads and studies as well. We promised her that if she read in the Book of Mormon, her questions will be answered in one way or another. We also sang her favorite hymn at the end and it really brought the spirit back. 

On Saturday, we went to Eisenhüttenstadt (basically Poland) with a ton of missionaries for a service project that the branch out there does every year. We just did yardwork on a rose garden hill. We got to wear the yellow mormon helping hands jerseys and weed! It was awesome. I was sent to talk to and help two women.. one of them left, but I got to know the other lady pretty well. We flattened a ton of mounds of dirt from the wild schwein. It was awesome to help out and they are really appreciated it. Also, parents, you will be surprised to hear that I actually miss yardwork. Haha. 

Church yesterday was pretty good. None of our investigators came, but we got asked to help out in Primary, which was super fun. I learned some pv songs and felt like I was 11 again. The elders also had a baptism after church, for their investigator Johannes. He's 17 and super prepared. We had an eating appointment with the Winklers again, then gemiko at the rathke's. I had my farsi skype and Elder Oliver was skyping from Hadi's so I got to see him!! It made my day. He is so awesome. 

Well, that's about all I've got to report on. :) Life is good. I love it here and I love being a missionary. I love the Book of Mormon. Read it, it will change your life. 

Liebe,

Sister Simpson

p.s. random subject line brought to you by Sister Haynie's dad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment