Monday, March 6, 2017

The week I saw all of my former companions (Week 58)


The sisters at MLC

Well, it's been another great week here in Germany.

On Monday we went to Hamburg for pday (but really just so we could start our super tausch with the Lübeck Sisters at 18). Lübeck is beautiful. Also, I really like Sister Ha & Menlove, so it was a good Tausch. When we got back to Marzahn, we met with Kira again this week.  We found 2 super awesome talks that talk about rebuilding faith and how to "deal" with doubts. I've learned a lot from studying her questions and I hope that we can help her to find her own answers. We went and ate at a cafeteria this week, because our Zone made a goal to do that.. we're still trying to overcome our awkwardness but naja.  Trying our best.

We had a mission tour this week in Berlin. Elder Sabin came and spoke to us and it was amazing. He really knows the scriptures and he just talked for basically the entire conference, answering questions, talking about our purpose and about doing what we can do and leaving the rest to God. Then we were lucky enough to have MLC with him the next day too, and it was so cool to talk about impressions we'd received in the last few days and counsel with him about how to apply the things we'd learned. It was awesome to receive revelation that answered specific questions/concerns I had. The spirit was so strong.  He talked a lot about joy and enduring through trials, not just on a mission, but for our entire lives, and if we stay close to Jesus Christ, we will be able to endure. Ja wohl! Sister Wilson and I actually got completely different things out of it, so that's how the spirit works. It was an incredible two days. (He's speaking in conference, so look for him! Elder and Sister Sabin are awesome!)

Saturday was so nice! It was 17 degrees Celsius and sunny. There were so many people out on the streets and sister Wilson and I just tried to talk to everyone we passed. We talked to one lady about the Book of Mormon and she told us she wanted to come to church, so we gave her the information and told her we'd be there. She seemed really sure but she didn't come. So ist das Leben. But maybe she will one day. She's bestimmt in God's hands. I'm content to do what I can here, whatever that may be. Also, tender mercy of the week: we got a text from the GML (ward mission leader)  in Tübingen. There was a woman who was being taught by the missionaries there but just moved to Marzahn. She's super nice and we are going to be meeting this week!

Sunday was great. A less-active family came to church! They are deaf, which is why they're less-active, but the relief society president is awesome and learned sign-language for them. She signed Sacrament Meeting and all through relief society as she taught the lesson. It was amazing. I sat by this sister, and I literally have no way to communicate with this woman, but I tried to find all the scriptures so she could read them and show her love in other ways, aka smiling, because that's all I could think of. But seriously, though, shout out to the relief society president. Her theme was on the Atonement and how Christ is always inviting us to come to Him and that He'll bear our burdens. That's something I've experienced in my life. I cannot describe the strength that I've felt from Christ as I've turned to Him with my problems and challenges, however big or small they may seem.  It was touching to hear all the testimonies that people shared about Christ and His ability to help and lift and succor and comfort.

After church, we had an eating appointment with two missionaries (and the husband from one) who served here a couple years ago, who are here for internships. It was so fun to visit with them. The elders shared a part of Elder Anderson's talk from Conference about sharing the gospel. He says that the only actual motive we have is because of love for Christ and our fellow-man. That's why we share what we believe: we want others to have the same blessings and joy that we have. And I think a lot of times, we feel like we have shared the gospel with everyone we know and no one is interested. But it's like the story in Ether 2 - we can't forget to pray. That's the most important part! God knows these people and their hearts. He can surely guide us to help and serve the people who need it. It goes for missionaries and  members. Prayer is the key. Love is the glue. And God is the source for both. This is His work and it is so so good. It is eternal salvation and happiness beyond anything we can imagine on our own. I love Him. I know He answers prayers.

I have you all love! Until next week!

Sister Simpson

P.S. Today we got to tour the US embassy with all the missionaries in Berlin. It was awesome. So today I was on American soil (technically).  We ate lunch at this place called Peter Pane that has sweet-potato fries that are to DIE for and was also pretty expensive because I'm dumb. Then Sister Wilson and I went to the rittersport factory and made our own candy bars. Yay, pday.  
P.P.S. I saw sisters Hammer, Porter, Fulton, Koch and Daines at mission tour (and obviously sister Wilson as well), and then Sister Harger at MLC. Party!!
Lübeck

Lübeck

The MTC District

Lübeck

Good ol Biesdorf (where we live)

Sunrise this morning

Rittersport Place making my chocolate bar

No comments:

Post a Comment