Wednesday, September 28, 2016

So Long, Stadthagen! (Week 36)

Walking out to Claire's on Monday (Claire is the Taiwanese sister)

Tausch with sister Harger

Tausch with sister Harger at the Schloss

Rittersport stairs at Hannover hbf (ft funny guy at the top)
 
Hello Family,

As a zone, we've been doing this thing where one companionship has a day where everyone prays for them to find people to teach, and this week was our day. We had planned to bike out to a lady's house, but one of our bike chains had popped off. So we ditched the bikes and started walking. Apparently going to that lady was not God's plan for our day, because Sister Koch got pooped on by a bird. (I got a good laugh and told her your story, Dad. And then I was on the lookout all day for the karma bird, but he never showed up.) [Here's the poem: Birdie Birdie in the Sky, dropped a turdie in my eye. I don't fret and  I don't cry, I'm just glad that COWS don't fly]
Birdy birds in the sky...
We got a return appointment with a man (Herr Dohne) who had met with elders in the past, and klingled a million people. We had a cool conversation with a young mother and gave her a Book of Mormon. We also fasted, and walked Stadthagen all day, so by dinner time, we were exhausted. Thankfully, we had an essen termin with a lady in our ward who is a amazing cook. It was a good day of hard work, and I felt good because we did our part the entire day long. It was cool, because the next day, I was looking through our area book and found a lady who we had gone by on. I called her and she was super sweet. She had moved to another apartment in Stadthagen, but she had seen us around and said she would say "hi" next time she saw us. Not one hour later, as we were walking down the street, a lady pulled over, jumped out of the car and ran up to us. It was her! Super cool. She is really cool and has a friend that is a member, so we are excited to hopefully get to work with her.

We had out termin with Herr Dohne. We brought an awesome sister in our ward and taught the first lesson. The spirit was there, and he understood everything intellectually, but not spiritually. We asked him to pray and he told us at the end that it was interesting to meet with us, but he doesn't want to meet again and doesn't feel like he needs a relationship with God. For a while, I felt bad because I thought that maybe I hadn't explained well enough why it is important to have a relationship with our Heavenly Father, but the spirit was there and we bore our testimonies, but he had the choice and he chose not to. And that is how things go sometimes.

We did have an appointment with Herr Nicola. He also came to church, which was great because it was my last Sunday so I got to say goodbye.He was busy and didn't read the Book of Mormon this week, so we recommitted him to read and pray. In a few weeks, he's going to Romania for a month. So we found the branch in his area and it's only 30 minutes from his house! He drives about an hour to get to church here, so that's a blessing. And we'll make sure the missionaries there know that he's coming and he'll get to hear the gospel in his Heimat and in his muttersprache.

We had Tausch this week, so Sister Koch went to Hannover and Sister Harger came to Stadthagen for a day. Tausch is always fun. Unfortunately, we had no appointments, so  that meant a lot of finding. Friday night, we went by on a Taiwanese sister, who is new to our ward and is trying to learn German, because she told us she would be home.. But she wasn't. It was a 40 minute walk to get to her house. Haha. Saturday, we went out to Nienburg to go by on some people.. There was a giant beer festival/carnival right in the middle of Innenstadt (where we were going). It was Saturday morning, so it wasn't too crazy and there were lots of families/kids there, but I felt super uncomfortable because we are representatives of Jesus Christ and even if we weren't even there for the carnival, people didn't know that and it just didn't look good. No one was even home (because of the giant party right outside their doors).

Well.. We got our transfer calls. First of all, I hate transfers. I freak out because I don't know what will happen, then once I get my call, I stress out because I do. Then we have to coordinate everything and it is such a hassle. Hah. So, I'm going back to Altona. I felt like I was leaving, but I definitely didn't see that one coming. My new mitarbeiterin is Sister Daines, who was in my MTC group, and we are going to be STLs together. I'm super excited to go back to Altona, but it will just be really weird. Sister Koch will stay in Stadthagen and will finish a sister's training. I'm super proud of her and she will be a great trainer!

Anyways. This next week will be crazy. I'm thankful to be here, doing what the Lord wants me to and serving where he wants me to.

Lg, 
Sister Simpson

P.s. Food from appointments this week: super yummy Scandinavian food on Tuesday, broiled spinach and fries on Wednesday, and mashed potatoes, giant super german meatball things, and chile/tortilla chips on Sunday (we ate with 2.5 families all together after church on Sunday, so it was a weird mix of food. Also, we have received a lot of A&W root beer from members. Haha. The members always think it is super cool, but can't stand how sweet it is, so they only drink half a can. I just don't like it, so we give it away to other missionaries. 
Claire and her hausmeister, who are super awesome

There are so many dirtbikes in Stadthagen.. It's like Arco, but I have
no idea where they go ride them. Haha

Pics from the Schloss

Pics from the Schloss

Pics from the Schloss

Bückeburg
Schw. Hegemann (aka my ward missionary role model. She is probably the
sweetest woman to walk the planet)

No comments:

Post a Comment