Monday, April 25, 2016

Germany is a little confused (Week 14)

Sister Simpson, Sister Fulton and President and Sister Fingerle

Well, if anyone is wondering, I think Germany is a little confused.
Yesterday is snowed. We woke up to snow on the cars, and it snowed
through church. None of it stuck, but they were huge snowflakes. Oh
April.
Time flies when your having fun. It's been 3 months!
Here are my highlights from the week:
For service this week, we went to the international school and covered
library books. Elder Nay is the best at it ( I think his record was
under 5 minutes) but I'm pretty good. It's very therapeutic.
We didn't have too many lessons this week. We met with a less active
woman, and a neue bekehrt (new convert). We met with Leslie, but it
was super short. We stopped by to introduce Peggy to Sister Fulton,
and it turned into tea for an hour. Haha I love Peggy. She is so good
and so ready for the gospel. Yesterday, we had our second lesson with
Frau Byo. She is from the Cote d'Ivoir, and we teach her in german but
she reads in French (because I can barely teach in German, and much
less in French). I got to give her my French BOM with my testimony in
French. We talked about the first vision and the restoration and she
understood most of it. She believes in God and has had experiences
where her prayers have been answered, but she doesn't go to any church
right now because she doesn't feel right in any of them. We testified
of the Book of Mormon and we are meeting with her next week again. She
is so sweet.
We did a LOT of contacting. We had some interesting conversations, and
one family even invited us back next week, so that was a miracle.
Sister Fulton and I decided to check out the Greek place by our house,
and try an make friends with those people. It was a little sketchier
than we thought. It was like a Döner shack poorly disguised as a nice
Greek restaurant (we also weren't sure the guys cooking were Greek).
I'm not exactly sure what we ate, but it did sit better than the IKEA
food we ate. :) I'm don't know how regular I want to be there.
We went by on some contacts by our house on Friday, and I guess there
had been a BIG soccer game earlier (Hamburg vs Bremin) and basically
the whole area prepares for riots and fights afterwards. We apparently
just missed the commotion on our street. The buses weren't going, and
there were a million polizei and garbage/bottles everywhere. It was
quite exciting. One guy tried to explain, but we didn't understand him
very well, so we were confused until we talked to someone later who
explained it to us.
Sunday was a great day! We had church and Gemiko (ward correlation?)
and then an eating appointment with a family. They were so cute. I
love the members here. It is so fun to get to know them. One of their
daughters looks just like Kira VanDam. It is crazy. I told her that,
and told her I'd show her a picture. (Mom, will you send me one?)
Sister Fulton and I got an updated ward list and want to start meeting
members so they'll trust us and we can work together to find and teach
people. We had our lesson with Frau Byo, then went by on a few
contacts we'd never met before, and then had a fireside with our
Bishop and a few investigators/neue bekehrts. He talked about how the
Book of Mormon and the Bible work together to give us the fullness of
the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I LOVE the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon. This week I was
studying/thinking about this week the promise that King Benjamin says
in Mosiah 2:41 "I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed
and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For
behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual;
and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into
heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of
never-ending happiness." We have been teaching a few people who are
trying to do what is right, but their situation isn't improving. I
believe that God does bless us when we obey and follow Him. I don't
necessarily believe that means our trials disappear or that our lives
magically become perfect. But He does bless us, it is only a matter of
us recognizing how. God has incredible things in store for us (the
greatest blessing being eternal life and we can't even imagine how
incredible that will be). One day we will look back and see all of the
things that were to come and we will thank Him for every good thing in
our life. He truly is the 'high priest of good things to come.' Choose
hope. Choose faith every day. God will bless us for being obedient and
taking that leap of faith.
I love you all!
Sister Simpson












No comments:

Post a Comment