Monday, January 18, 2016

Love

Why am I serving a mission?

I love this quote from Dieter F. Uchtdorf, from his April 2015 General Conference talk called, "On Being Genuine" (check out lds.org). He says it better than I can:

"I am here because I desire with all my heart to follow my Master, Jesus Christ. I yearn to do all that He asks of me in this great cause. I hunger to be edified by the Holy Spirit and hear the voice of God as He speaks through His ordained servants. I am here to become a better man, to be lifted by the inspiring examples of my brothers and sisters in Christ, and to learn how to more effectively minister to those in need.

In short, I am here because I love my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ."

I have been so blessed. The gospel of Jesus Christ illuminates every aspect of my life. It gives me perspective, strength, and hope to endure hard times, and makes the good times richer. The gospel has the answers to life's greatest questions.

"I believe in Christ like I believe in the sun - not because I can see it, but by it I can see everything else." (C.S. Lewis)

I'm so stoked for this amazing opportunity I have to serve God for 18 months of my life, doing His work and sharing my testimony to the people in Berlin, Germany. I love the gospel. I love Jesus Christ. I know it, I live it, I love it. It is so SO good. I love the Book of Mormon and I know it is the word of God, because I've experienced the peace it brings into my life as I study and apply its principles.

I'm amazed by the amount of love and support I have been blessed with. You have all been an incredible blessing to me. Thank you thank you thank you. I love you all. God be with you 'til we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment